Commute Seattle staff have been busy celebrating Bike Month this year! We supported both in-person and virtual events alongside some wonderful local partner organizations. Read on to learn what is happening in our community.
- To kick off the month of May, we shined a spotlight on Peace Peloton, an organization with a mission of economic reform for Black people that incorporates biking in many of its programs
- We also encouraged everyone to bike all throughout the month by joining the Bike Everywhere Challenge, presented by Cascade Bicycle Club and Washington Bikes
- Speaking of Cascade Bicycle Club, on May 4 we attended their Bike Everywhere Breakfast, where we learned how bikes make the difference
- We followed that up with a blog post highlighting Cascade’s programs and events
- With the West Seattle High Bridge closed and biking a great option on and off the peninsula, we posted upcoming events and resources for West Seattle bike travelers
- On May 20, we met up with Sal the Salmon at BBQ, Bikes & Beer, hosted at Jones BBQ and West Seattle Brewing, and benefiting Peace Peloton
- Speaking of West Seattle, on May 21 we partnered with West Seattle Bike Connections and Bike Works to staff a pop-up bike station at the Spokane Street Bridge; we counted more than 200 pass by including more than 100 who stopped at the station!
- We wrote a blog post highlighting the pandemic e-bike boom and providing practical tips for those considering getting in on the action.